Tuesday, June 17, 2014

This is a very hectic time in my life.

In 4 days, I get married.
In 6 days, I leave the country to take part in the Teachers for Global Classrooms cultural exchange program in Manila and Calamba City, Philippines.

I am feeling a strange combination of excitement and nervousness, joy and fear, calmness and anxiety.

I look forward to new experiences, new friends, new places, new food, and learning as much as I can about my adoptive country for the next few weeks. I also look forward to spending time with my new wife at the end of my trip!

I am excited to take part in the Teachers for Global Classrooms program and represent the United States and our education system. Though I have spent a lot of time abroad, I have never had any experience educating children while traveling. I look forward to the opportunity to combine two things I am passionate about: traveling and education.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment